Lifestyle

Breakfast at The Wolsey, London

October 4, 2018
Breakfast at The Wolsey

Before I went to for breakfast, I wasn’t that fussed. In fact it was a spur of the moment decision on Tuesday morning (my birthday) and we arrived with no booking and only 3 minutes to order. Previous I’d been put off by the fact that at a weekend you have to book months in advance and by the fact that they don’t even have smashed avocado with poached eggs and sourdough bread on their menu.

Then I went, and now I literally can’t stop thinking about when I can go back (or about how much I want a silver tea set, something I never knew I desperately wanted until Breakfast at The Wolsey).

In fact, I would go so far as to say that had Hollie Golightly ever tried Breakfast at The Wolsey, the film would have been called that rather than Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

The Wolsey

First things first, when booking a table try to get one in the front window rooms, failing that, a table for four for only two to ensure plenty of space to over order.

Next, dress nicely. How often do you get to dress up for breakfast? Make the most of it and enjoy the occasion.

Finally, what to order? My advice would be go for lots of little things rather than a full English breakfast and share a few sweet bits. Pink grapefruit served on ice in a silver goblet makes you feel like royalty, the pastries are made on site and melt in your mouth (we had the Cannelè Bordelais, the almond croissant and the banana bread), all to die for. Eggs whichever way you like are essential to any breakfast although I was a little disappointed my egg and soldiers weren’t served in a silver egg cup, but serves me right for ordering such a childish choice.

Brunch at the wolsey

Wash it all down with freshly squeezed orange juice, tea out of a silver teapot with a silver tea strainer (so cute) and a glass of fizz. In fact, all the silver was as much my favourite part of the meal as the food and I was almost tempted to buy some from their shop.

Tea at The Wolsey

The best bit? It wasn’t even that much more expensive than going for brunch in Clapham.

Now I just need to think of an excuse to go again…any takers?

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply lauren October 10, 2018 at 11:07 am

Omg this place looks something out of every instagrammer’s dream. And that food looks so delicious!

• Reply Doolittle Days October 10, 2018 at 5:11 pm

It is so yummy and you feel like a princess. 🙂

• Reply jordanlynette October 12, 2018 at 2:34 am

OH MY WORD — this place looks like pure magic!

• Reply Doolittle Days October 12, 2018 at 7:36 am

It’s stunning, definitely visit if you get a chance!

• Reply Bec - views from my garden bench October 16, 2018 at 10:03 am

This looks wonderful – there’s something about breakfast at really posh hotels isn’t there? I’ve been to the wolsey for afternoon tea about 15 years ago – it was epic and it looks like standards are just as high.

• Reply Doolittle Days October 17, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Isn’t there just! I bet they do a great afternoon tea too.

• Reply Chloe Chats October 16, 2018 at 10:17 am

This place looks absolutely stunning! I bet the food was delicious, the pastries sound amazing! I absolutely love banana bread too so I’d definitely order that. I think I might have to go try this place out, going out for breakfast is one of my favourite things to do.

Chloe x

• Reply Doolittle Days October 17, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Definitely go if you get a chance, but book ahead at the weekends. Any brunch places you recommend? x

• Reply Anosa - MyrabevLife October 16, 2018 at 7:53 pm

I am definitely adding this to my list, I am often in London and this would be awesome to have breakfast at. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Reply Lauren October 17, 2018 at 8:44 am

Wow this place looks so amazing! Getting dressed up for breakfast – would love that!

• Reply Sonia October 17, 2018 at 10:11 am

It looks like an absolutely lovely place to have breakfast and a delicious looking one at that!

• Reply nightwisprav3n October 17, 2018 at 11:35 am

It looks so fancy! A fancy place to eat breakfast. It looks very nice and I’m glad you got to spend your birthday there. Happy Birthday!

• Reply Mummysmad October 17, 2018 at 6:07 pm

Sounds lovely, i don’t eat breakfast when im at home but do enjoy it when out. It looks like a lovely place to visit for your birthday.

• Reply Stephanie October 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

That place is stunning and the fact the price is similar to what you would be paying you can make another trip there without the worry!!

• Reply Southern Mummy (@southern_mummy) October 18, 2018 at 10:43 am

This place looks stunning, I’m afraid I haven’t heard of it before!! After reading this though, I may have to visit one day! Happy Birthday!

• Reply 7 favourite restaurants to sit at the bar in London - Doolittle Days October 23, 2018 at 9:15 am

[…] breakfast, check out The Wolsey as my top […]