I’m obsessed with this blackberry and apple porridge. It feels like I’m eating pudding for breakfast but has no added sugar. It’s really quick and easy to make, and a great way to get a couple of your five a day in first thing.
100g porridge oats
350ml Milk (alternative milk also works)
350ml Water (I use half milk, half water but if you want just milk simply use 700ml of milk)
1 x Apple (I love pink ladies)
1 x good handful of Blackberries (about half a small box)
1 x handful of Walnuts
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Add your water and milk to porridge oats. Either heat over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or microwave for 3 minutes.
- Finely slice your apple and cut slices in half or thirds.
- Add your apple, blackberries and cinnamon to a bowl with a teaspoon of water. Microwave for 2 minutes until the apple is soft but firm, much as it would be in a tart.
- Put your porridge in a bowl and top with your apple and blackberry compote.
- Break your walnuts in half with your hands and scatter on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if you fancy.