This is a great lunchtime dish to use up leftover vegetables from the night before. Simply microwave the veg to reheat and the dressing then takes seconds to make.
The recipe is inspired by Ottolenghi’s broccoli.
Over temp 180 degrees C
For the roasted veg
1 x courgette
8 x new potatoes
1 x pepper
1 x red onion
4 x garlic cloves
8 x cherry tomatoes
A few sprigs of rosemary and thyme
1 x handful of sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
3 teaspoons of tahini
1 teaspoon of runny honey
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
Salt and Peper
- Cut your courgette, onion and pepper into slices and your potatoes in half. Put in a baking tray along with whole cloves of garlic, the rosemary and thyme.
- Roast your vegetables in a tray at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add your tomatoes whole and roast for another 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast your seeds in a frying pan on a medium heat until they start to pop.
- To make the dressing put your tahini and honey in a cup.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and stir.
- Very slowly, a couple of drips at a time add water to your mixture, stirring all the time until you have a dressing roughly the thickness of runny honey.
- Add a good pinch of salt, pepper and your chilli flakes. Adjust to your taste buds by adding more or less chilli and honey.
- Serve your vegetables and drizzle the dressing over the top.